In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Model 92

riverokriverok Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
i have a winchester model 92. i was wondering about how much it would sell for. it is in perfect condition and seems to be able to shoot. i have never shot it. the lever action is smooth and clean. the rifles are still very prominent. and it still has the ring on the side. this gun was in the fight between the settlers and indians for Tarboro,N.C. from Rocky Mount, N.C. i have looked for ammo, only to find it was 45 dollars a box (20) so thats why i never shot it. this is a beautiful gun.

Comments

• riverokriverok Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm curious why more late model Winchester Mod. 92s are not listed in online auctions like GunBroker? Mostly you see the antiques.

E.B.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's little doubt that antique Model 1892's are more desirable, but I hadn't noticed more antique 1892's being listed than modern Model 92's. There are only about 103328 true antique 1892's as opposed to around 900,000 Model 92's that would be considered modern firearms.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Just my opinion but most likely those that got em want to keep em[^]
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As Old-Colts mentioned, only the first 103,328 Model 1892s are true "Antiques". Of the 900,000+ remaining Model 1892s (or "92"s after 1919), a large number of them were sold and exported abroad (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, England, Mexico, Sweden, and various other South American countries). Exactly how many were exported is unknown, but it is much larger number than many realize. Through my research of the Model 1885 Single Shot Rifle, I have found them in more than (40) different countries around the globe. The Model 1892/92 was more widely exported than the Model 1885...