In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NRA 2006 Gun of the Year

LarryBrownLarryBrown Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
I just won the NRA's 2006 Gun of the Year: it's a Vanguard stainless 270 WSM with laminated stock and a Leopold scope. I was wondering how much it's worth and if I should park it in the gun safe or if it's okay to hunt with. Thanks!

Comments

• jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    Hello Larry and welcome.

Around $500 for the rifle, don't know what model Leupold is on it, but definately hunt with it. Good rifle.

Ben
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoot it. These kinds of guns are made to raise money for the organization and not as "instant collectables." they rarely evaluate significantly. Should make you a fine hunting rifle, congrats.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A very fine hunting rifle, excellent scope. Could be a tack driver. Ahhh, I can't lie to you anymore, I'll tell you the truth. You don't really want it. Just send it to me and I'll "deal" with it.[;)]

Really though, a superb hunting rife/caliber. Should suit you just fine. Congrats and welcome.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.