In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NIB Colt pocket .25

cattle buyercattle buyer Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
What would be a fair price for a 20s' NIB with all paper work,box, wrapping paper ect. blue and wood,.25 vest pocket? I love these Colts almost as much as old Winchesters,darm the craftsmanship,machine work make these things works of art to me. Thanks in advance

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    What is the chance of finding a NIB 80 year old pistol If you have the money buy it You will never regret It [:p]
  • big mangobig mango Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    over 500.oo wouldn't be out of the quesion to the right buyer
  • cattle buyercattle buyer Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The man wants one grand ($1000.00). Lotta bucks for a .25 1908 colt vest pocket. I wonder what it cost in 1926,35-40 bucks tops?I have several .380s and two match targets that Ill never sell and always wanted a .25...but darn!
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I would pay it. It is only going to go up in value. I see left over new baby Brownings at close to $500. The Colt is to me the best 25 ever made. The Brownings were $39.50 in 1968 when they ban them.
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    As a collector of the 1908 Colt pistols, I agree buy it if you can!

It will only appreciate in price......
    edited November -1
    I agree, but it seems this guy is gettin ALL the goodie! very best
    edited November -1
    Moot point now, while Im smoking it over and finally make up my mind to buy it it sells! dad burn.....http://www.coltautos.com/ under classifieds.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't feel too bad, they only sold for $20.75 in the 1940 Stoegers catalog.
  • big mangobig mango Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY --- SNOOZE AND YOU LOSE
    edited November -1
    Im new to the gun buying off the internet game,Im used to sitting on the ring at the stockyards buying calves,you have 15-20 seconds to evaluate the calf and make the move,before that I spent 15 years diving at the ground at 140 mph,nano seconds to make your moves..LOL maybe another will come along.[8D]
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Don't feel bad We all have done it .A fine line between jumping in with both feet or waiting to long and the item is gone . I for the most part was timid when I started buying items but after seeing many items get sucked up My rule of thumb is if you see the same type of item in a number of places then take your time.A better condition or better price one may be available soon , but any thing over 50 years old in the box with paper work new condition needs serious consideration it will not be available long. Cheers "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"