In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington gallery gun question

StingSting Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hi. I have two old Remington pump 22's. One has an octagon barrel with top breech block #108763 and the letters UMC. The other is a round barrel side eject #200229. They are the kind used in a carnival shooting gallery, (gallery guns). Is there a model number so that I know what to call them? Thanks a lot everybody. Fred

Comments

• Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fred,

The round barrel side eject rifle may be a model 12B which was the gallery version of the 12A. The gallery gun was chambered for .22 "short" only and should be stamped on the barrel.

The UMC is for "Union Metallic Cartridge" which was part of the Remington name from 1910 to 1925.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Are you sure the top eject is a Remington ??? sound more like a Winchester The side eject sounds like it COULD be a model 12 . without more info most like close up pictures of the receiver and all markings on the barrel The best we can do is somewhat of a guess.
  • StingSting Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help. And yes you are correct perry shooter, the octagon barrel top breech block is a Winchester. I keep clicking on the 22's from the gunbroker ad's but there's a lot of different models. Lucky for me that there's a gun show in my area tomorrow. Imagine how many millions of rounds were fired from 22's at carnivals. Thanks again!
    Fred.
  • StingSting Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well everybody, I got the question answered today about the octagon barrel Winchester at the gun show today in Taylor, Michigan. There was one there like it and it was a model 1890. It's a good condition 22 going for $400. Also, in the general discussion forum today there's a picture of one. Great gun. Fred.