In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning Citori XT Trap Gun

JohnnyuhoJohnnyuho Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have any experience with this gun? I'm learning to shoot trap and the feel and balance are great for me. For $2,500 it seems like a reasonable deal but for that kind of money I am open to other suggestions. Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    TombstonejimTombstonejim Member Posts: 190
    edited November -1
    Well I thought you would get some other answers but. There are some less expensive OU's out there. Remington, CZ, and maybe Beretta not sure. But you can't go wrong with a Citori if it fits you. I have a skeet one that I shoot trap, skeet and sporting clays with. Its 20 plus years old and never missed a beat.
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Excellent first choice. Fit and balance are most important.

Also check a good used SKB85 set or the Beretta 682 Gold. The single SKB barrel has an adjustable rib.

If not buying a set, stay with the O/U in case you wish to shoot doubles.

Best of luck
  • Options
    gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Johnnyuho... Have you checked on Trapshooters.com? Here is a Link to get you there. http://tinyurl.com/2xw5p3 I bought a nice Citori XT 32 inch with adjustable pad, recoil reducer in stock for $1600 to use for my doubles. I am considering listing it on Gunbroker. You can beat $2500 by a considerable margin and use the difference for ammo or reloading supplies.