In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

value of a shotgun

fmkgalyfmkgaly Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
hello I own a shotgun 10ga W.richards . london . laminated steel
it's original and old !!!!
please can someone give me an idear of it's value
thanks fred

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I recently acquired an Ithaca model 500 20 gage made in Japan. Its in good condition. Does anyone know what it might be worth?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure how old it is, but I've had it for about five years now. I've posted some pictures, if that helps. [img][/img]I have a Sears & Roebuck 20 gauge that I would like to know the value of.  I'm not sure how old it is, but I've had it for about five years now.  I've posted some pictures, if that helps.[img][/img]Here are the specs and features:

20 gauge
    3 inch chamber
    Single shot (break action)
    Model Number: 101.10041
    Serial Number: A771852

Also, I've forgotten what it's called, but it's the kind of setup where it breaks down to three parts with no tools--just pull off the grip, and the barrel breaks away from the action and stock. It then snaps back together just as easily.

I would like to know two things: Approximately how old it is, and most importantly, what it's worth. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sean

PA041262.jpg
    PA041261.jpg
    PA041260.jpg
    PA041264.jpg
    PA041265.jpg
    PA041263.jpg
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Wesley Richards, London Made with Laminated Steel Barrels, Hammerless, Light Engraving, Checkered Pistol Grip and Forearm..$1200.00....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Methinks you and the good Capt. Kirk have been snookered. "Laminated Steel" is the mark of a Belgian knockoff. See the "ELG" proofs on the watertable and you'll see that I'm correct.

Assuming what I already am almost sure of... A $150.00 gun at best.

Nord

Westley Richards will always be "WESTLEY RICHARDS"! Anything else is less... Usually much less.

Edited by - nord on 12/01/2002 13:37:26
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello fmkgaly

Welcome to the forum. We hope that as your busy schedule permits that you will join us from time to time on this forum.

I am voting with "nord" on this one.

To the best of my knowledge "Westley Richards" founded this company in 1812 at 82 High Street in "Birmingham" NOT London. In 1875 his company developed the "Anson & Deely" boxlock action that is renound through the world.

The firm was moved and to the best my knowledge is still in existance today in Brournebrook.

Best Regards