In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this a trivia game or a real ID?
    It is a Sharps carbine, likely a late 1863 or 1865 because of the lack of a patchbox. Are the markings to say which legible?
    I don't think it has converted to cartridge, and is still a "papercutter." But I am not sure on that without closeups of the hammer and breechblock.

Sorry, I don't play Internet Price Is Right.
  • Options
    Ruckin69Ruckin69 Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any idea what it's worth. Damn, you guys are good!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Offers to sell on this board are not allowed, take your ad to the auction side, you will get a very fair price.
  • Options
    Ruckin69Ruckin69 Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not looking to sell here. I have a chance to buy one but needed input on what is was worth.
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at GB auctions and enter Sharps. Try other auctions and dealer websites. Expect to see asking prices from hundreds to 1000s depending on originally, model, condition, etc.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's an 1863 Sharps carbine w/ Sharps Prime magazine and launcher built into the lockplate.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rhmc24
    Look at GB auctions and enter Sharps. Try other auctions and dealer websites. Expect to see asking prices from hundreds to 1000s depending on originally, model, condition, etc.

Yup, and look at the auctions with bids or go to post sales to see how much these sold for. Some people want the whole mint for some of these.