In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

S&W magnum357

golfergolfer Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2006 in Ask the Experts
Not familar with prices of hand guns and trying to sell this for a friend of mine. It is in mint condition. What would be a fair price?

Comments

• FrogbertFrogbert Member Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The model no is most likely inside the cylinder hinge. That will be absolutely necessary for evaluation. So will condition, in accordance with NRA Grading standards, excellent, good, or fair, etc.
    An image or four detailing any faults; nicks, pitting, rust, scratches, general finish wear and stock (grips) condition.
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote: Not familar with prices of hand guns and trying to sell this for a friend of mine. It is in mint condition. What would be a fair price?

"Hobbies: retired LAPD Detective. Play golf and keyboard"

And this is the way you inquire about the price of a firearm? During your tenure with LAPD as a DETECTIVE, didn't you run across more than one S&W-made handgun in .357 Magnum? Didn't you see them in more than one finish--blue or stainless or even alloy framed? How many barrel lengths did you encounter? Range of condition--as new in box to falling apart and rusted shut? Were they all the same model and made in the same year?

Please, give the "experts" a little help here, Detective. How many cases did you solve with NO INFORMATION on which to proceed?
  • vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hi buddy,
    last may i got $525 out of a model 686 S&W 4inch barrel stainles w/uncle mikes holster, pachmyer grips. sounds like yours is in lots better shape than the one i had.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think $100 sounds fair, and I will write you a check.

Sound good?

[:p]
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah

Sound good?

I'll see your hunnert and raise you a dozen. $112 by USPS Money Order will be on the way tomorrow. I'm sure it's a model 19, nickle-plated, snubby, UNFIRED. It's bound to be a prize--LAPD Dick says "mint condition." How could one go wrong?
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah

Sound good?

I'll see your hunnert and raise you a dozen. $112 by USPS Money Order will be on the way tomorrow. I'm sure it's a model 19, nickle-plated, snubby, UNFIRED. It's bound to be a prize--LAPD Dick says "mint condition." How could one go wrong?

Don't remind me, I had the chance to pick up a 99% nickel 19 not too long ago. . .and didn't.

(Went for the cheaper blued version instead cause I actually wanted to shoot the thing. . .stupid me).

101-0181_IMG.jpg
  • RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These guys are way off base with their guesses[:p]. All most everybody knows that pinned and recessed Smith and Wesson revolvers sell for $50.00 per cylinder hole, regardless of caliber, i.e. J frames are all worth $250.00 (5 X $50.00), K frames are all worth $300.00 (6 X $50.00)and N frame registered .357 magnums are worth $300.00 (6 X $50.00, unless the revolver's finish is nickel add $100.[:)] I hope this helps.