In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

asking price, tc 45 cal. cherokee

taktak Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited December 2009 in Ask the Experts
Have a T/C 45 cal. Cherokee muzzle loader. Unfired, new in box. All papers, manuals, etc. Would like to know what it is worth. Thanks, for any help.

Comments

• sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The entire set-up should run in the "close to $500 range". If with scope, maybe $650-$750 depending on scope.

Edit:

I was thinking of the T/C muzzleloaders I see around here. Just prices I noted because I'm not really into the details of muzzle-loading. Then I got to thinking it might not have a place for a scope. I was thinking in-line when I mentioned scope.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It depends on what model you have, as there were a double set trigger model, and a single trigger model. There might be one on the auction side to get an idea from, but they are kinda hard to find. Sandwarrior is right in the ball park for the set trigger model, with the single trigger going slightly less. But for some reason, I believe he might be referring to a modern inline, and not their side lock of yesterday. I am sure if you were to list it in an auction on this site, you would see a lot of interest.

Best

EDIT

Todd,

That Cherokee was made by Thompson Center, before the days of their inlines. I had one, and was sorry I ever got rid of it. It had all three barrels...32, 36, and 45 caliber with it.

Best
  • TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a very desirable muzzleloader. The best way to sell it is list it on Gunbroker with no reserve and watch it sell for all it's worth. You might be surprised at how high it goes. It should bring well over $500.
  • taktak Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replys. The gun is a two trigger model. Does the gunbroker site explain rules for muzzle loader sales? New here and don't know too much. Do you really think its worth 500?
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tak
    Thanks for the replys. The gun is a two trigger model. Does the gunbroker site explain rules for muzzle loader sales? New here and don't know too much. Do you really think its worth 500?

The BATFE does not consider your Cherokee a firearm. Unless it is prohibited by local or state laws, it can be sold to anyone, no FFL required, even a convicted felon. Yes I do think it is worth $500.00 PLUS, if it is in very good condition or better.

Best