In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is/was there a Butler Creek 50 round 10/22 mag?

bbaumerbbaumer Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
Is or was there a Butler Creek 50 round magazine for the Ruger 10/22?

Talking about a mag, not the 50 round capacity rapid loader.

There's a guy on another forum that has what he says is a Butler Creek 50 round mag for sale. Trying to find info on it but all I can find is the 25 round mag and the 50 round capacity rapid loader.

Thanks,
bbaumer

Comments

• bbaumerbbaumer Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been searching the net all evening and all I can find are the 25 round Steel Lips and Hot Lips.

No 50 round Butler Creek mags, just the loader. Couple of other brand 50 rounders but no Butler Creek's.
  • CobrayKidCobrayKid Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I "had" a 50 round Ram-line 10/22 magazine. What a POS. Stay Away. If butler creek makes one, I would trust that. I have a 50 round drum for the 10/22 also, and thats a POS too. Looks sweet though.
  • 204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    Is the 50 round drum you have made by pro-mag? I was thinking about trying that one...
  • CobrayKidCobrayKid Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes...its a pro-mag. Maybe it will work for you, but mine doesnt work for me. Thinking about "tweaking" it though, I have nothing to lose as its just a novelty item.

I looked around too and cant seem to find a 50 round butler creek mag, maybe its two 25's clipped together.

The promag drum just plain looks cool though. I slapped it back together for a pic. Got it apart for the coolest 10/22 dress up ever.

P1020011.jpg

P1020009.jpg

P1020010.jpg
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    As far as standard type mags Ram-Line made 30rd and 50rd mags. Butler Creek made 25rd Steel and plastic (hot lips) mags. Pro Mag makes a 50rd drum and MGW makes a 50rd "tear drop" mag.

If you are looking for the best mag money can buy: http://www.tacticalinc.com/ti25-machined-aluminum-steel-lipbrmagazine-ruger-1022-p-212.html

OR

http://www.tacticalinc.com/ti25-advanced-composite-steel-magazine-ruger-1022-p-532.html

I have one of the composite ones right now. I will never buy another type of 10/22 mag again. I have 12 more of these on my fall to buy list.
    edited November -1
    I've come to the same conclusion, no to the Butler Creek 50 round mag BUT the guys says so. Here's his reply to my PM:

quote:Re: Ruger 10/22 50 mag - clarification

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbaumer
    Just want to make sure this is the 50 round magazine as your ad states, not the 50 round rapid loader.

My offer stands for a 50 round mag, but not the loader. thanks. brent

quote:
    no its just a 50 round mag! not a mag loader!

pay pal or money order is good

xxx@xxx.xxx is my pay pal!

I figure for $25 shipped to my door the worst I could do is the Eagle mag and not be out that much.

Anyone else? This item is used and was described as this in the original ad:

quote:buttlercreek ruger 10/22 50 round mag. used but in great con. 25.00 shipped

Maybe Butler Creek used to have a 50 rounder from years ago???
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Yes, I believe that Buttler Creek made 50round tear drop magazine for the Ruger 1022. my 2 cents
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gap1916
    Yes, I believe that Buttler Creek made 50round tear drop magazine for the Ruger 1022. my 2 cents

I hope it's the same quality as the 25 round steel lip.......
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info Nw. I just placed an order.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Ramline 50 rd pear shaped drum mag that worked very well. It was bought when they came out.
    While it wasn't used a great deal I hadn't any malfunctions using it.
    On the other hand, two of their Ruger MK1 plastic mags having constant tension coil springs didn't work well even after a lot of fiddling and filing.