In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sendero rifle value

kaseycolekaseycole Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited April 2003 in Ask the Experts
A guy has a 300 mag Sendero with blued bull barrel,synthetic stock, scope base and rings for sale. It appears to be in good shape. He wants $525. How accurate are these 9 pounders??? Is it worth the price and weight?
Thanks,
kaseycole

Comments

• JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will purchase every one I come across for the right price. As far as factory rifles go, the Sendero is one hard rifle to beat. It is by far one of the most accurate out of the box rifles I have ever seen. I would say that price is right, IF the barrel has been taken care of, and not abused by firing hot repeatedly. Have a gunsmith check the throat, and buy the rifle. The 9lbs of the rifle will eat the 300win recoil as well, which makes it a pleasure to shoot from the bench, for quite a few rounds.(2-3 boxes no problem.)[8]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • papaw alpapaw al Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a new Sendero 300RUM,with the wood stock.It handles great with little recoil,probably in the 20gauge shotgun range.Mine cost $585.00 plus $12.00 shipping.If it is in excellent shape,that would be a good buy.You won't regret it
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like the others said, the Sendero is an absolute pleasure to shoot. I have had a varmit model (VSSF) in .220 Swift, and it shot 3/8" groups right out of the box. I'm not saying yours will, but it made a believer out of me.
    That said, I still carry a sporter weight gun deer hunting as that extra weight hanging off your shoulder gets heavy real quick. If you shoot from the ground with a rest or prone, then the Sendero is hard to beat. For carrying it around and shooting standing or from a small treestand it is a little much.
    Just my 2 cents worth...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • kaseycolekaseycole Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info... I started looking around to check prices and noticed stainless steel fluted barrels are also available reducing the weight a "little". Any thoughts on these would also be appreciated!

kaseycole
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 300 Win mag, Blue Sendero shoots 3.363" at 600 yards with factory Hornady 165gr. Nuff said?.

The most important things, Are not things.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He knows of what he speaks[8D]

That equates to under a 1/2" group at 100yds, taking into account any wind effects of course. A smidge over 1/2" at 100yds if you were to shoot in a perfect environment,...which isn't often. Either way,...proof positive from an owner of that very same rifle.[^]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • kaseycolekaseycole Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow! I want some of that aiming oil you use!

Thanks,
    kaseycole
  • Dyer_MakerDyer_Maker Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have The stainless fluted Sendero in 7mm mag. It groups 1 3/4 - 2 in. At 300 yards with factory ammo. I bought it last year killed 3 deer with it all one shot kills. First one was 237yard, second 117yard, the third 70yard. Its a ***** cat to shoot. Kicks less than my buddies 270wsm. If you can swing it ,I don't think you will be disappointed. If you do get it, use good optics because you now will have the ability to really reach out and touch someone!!!