In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M&P15 Dilema

skydyverskydyver Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2009 in Ask the Experts
Wanting to put a Kinghts Armament RAS rail on my M&P15, but all I've found is that it will fit on most AR-15 rifles.
KAC Upper/Lower, RAS P/N: 98064 NSN: 1005-01-452-5386
I figured I'd be able to find some specs out there, I may just be blind.

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Carbine length should work just fine. Take your handguards off, bolt the Knight's together and your good to go. Getting your old handguards off will be the hardest part. Something like this will help.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=148656590

You use the tool to pull the delta ring back to remove your current handguards. You can also use brute strength if you want.

I should add a note here. Stay away from ebay for those handguards. There seems to be some fake ones out there.
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    It isnt that hard to remove them by hand, set the rifle on the ground, push down on the delta ring and once you have it all the way down pull outward on one of the handguards...

but if you have to bolt them together that sounds like job for three hands... the tool above would make it easier to take them on and off for monthly cleaning....