In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

VALMET 3 BARREL SET

peter60peter60 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
I HAVE A FRIEND THAT WANTS TO SELL ME A VALMET 412 WITH 3 SETS OF BARRELS;12/12,12/223 AND 30-06/30-06 WITH A 3X9 REDFIELD AND THE MOUNTING SYSTEM,HIS PRICE IS $2600,THIS SOUNDS HIGH,I TOLD HIM I WAS THINKING THE 06 BARRELS AT $600 12/223 $600 AND THE REST OF THE GUN AT $700= $1900,ANYONE WITH A LITTLE INFO ON THIS OUTFIT WILL HELP VERY MUCH...THANKS

Comments

• hefaistoshefaistos Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you buy this set for $1900 you'll have a very good deal!!! Heard rumor that Baretta will pick production of those reliable, beautiful, and excellent concept express-combo-shotgun guns... If so watch the prices..

Hefaistos
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Great system I have one with 4 barrel sets and with right ammo the rifle barrel will shoot groups to make you proud. Another plus is you can adjust them so both barrels have the same point of impact only brand of combo gun I know with this feature. That said I think your price is close to the real world value.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with your numbers but the case should figure in.
    Also being a set of desirable calibers and gauges should figure in.
    Go talk to him with a wad of $20s and try to negotiate him down.
    If I'm not mistaken Valmet barrels are interchangeable without factory fitting.
  • hefaistoshefaistos Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    New barrels must be fitted to the action and forearm barrel's hook must be shorten to fit existing forearm. $60(?) Redfield and $120 quick detach scope mount... thats for the "rest" of the gun $520... You do the math.

Hefaistos