In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Scope mounting ?????

COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
Can you reverse a Leupold STD mount, two piece with windage adjustment screws........and place the windage in front instead of the rear..... Well I just did, to get me a extra 5/8" for my new Burris........It bore sighted okay........ I'll shoot this weekend....

Has anyone seen or heard of this or have I just done a little cajun engineering[:D][8D][:I][;)][:o)][8)][^]

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.

" There's plenty of room for all God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes."
<')))><

<')))><

Comments

• MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    SHOULD WORK OK IF THEY ARE THE SAME HEIGHT AND HOLE SPACING IS THE SAME.
  • Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps..............Perhaps not.

Not all base tops are exactly the same height from the bore line,...when installed. Yet the scope rings are center lined.

You will lose some windage adjustment.

If front end is raise 5/8" as you wrote, you will lose about 62.5" of elevation, or in effect your shooting 62.5" low @ 100 yards from Bore Center Line to Optical Line of Sight.

These are 'paper' mathematical figures, however every gun & shooter shoots different for a varity of reasons.

One bad thing about usind so much internal adjustments, is you can easily degrade the Optical Sight Picture w/o even knowing it.

Some quality makers put "stops" internally to reduce, or even prevent that from happening.

Happy Bullet Holes!
  • COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But Jeff it moved the scope back 5/8" not up....... when I bore sighted after it was only 9" low, compared to being dead on before taking the scope off and doing this.......... I also sent you a e-mail.......... Thanks for the help........

Our good friend Ronnie is under the weather with his meds....... Lets all send him a prayer and / or e-mail of encouragement...

Thanks
    Jamie [^]

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.

" There's plenty of room for all God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes."
    <')))><

<')))><