In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

winchester 101

94buff94buff Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
Did Winchester make a 28 gauge in the 101? If so, were they Japanese made? Thanks

Comments

• 94buff94buff Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just purchased a Winchester 101 Pigeon grade 20 ga. from a local private individual in about 99% condition for $1,500. This is one beautiful gun!! My question is, it is full choke over modified which does not fit for what I would probably use it for which is dove hunting. How much would I hurt the collectability by taking it to Briley's ( just down the road ) and having the top barrel bored out to modified? Also, what is your opinion on the gun itself?
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know anything about a 101 made that is a ruffed grouse society custom shop gun? I can't find anything out about it. It has a gold ruffed grouse on the underside of the reciever is new in the box in 20 gauge. It also has a silver or nickel reciever. Ser # 192
    edited November -1
    Does anyone have the thread specifications (metric?) for the 101 Winchester? Also need a source for replacements, front and mid-rib. I have looked in my all my books and have not found the info I need.
    Thanks!
  • rollnblockrollnblock Member Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give Denise Dawson a shout, of dawsondoubles.com. Ive seen them on his sight for sale. he can fill you in on the details.
  • snickerssnickers Member Posts: 359 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might be a typo try Dennis
  • rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another source would be http://doublegunshop.com/showler.htm

He specializes in 101's and 23's.

I know Remington is making one now.