In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Springfield 1871 Ward Burton

sd-petesd-pete Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
I am hoping someone can help me out. Yesterday at an estate sale, I bought an interesting gun. After doing some research I found I have a Springfield 1871 Ward Burton of which only 1,100 were made. Since I collect WWII firearms, I am interested in selling this gun, but would like to know a vlaue before I list it. It is in very good to excellent condition, and even has the orginal ramrod/cleaning rod and even the bayonet. I figure this gun would be of interest to Springfield collectors. Can someone advise me to what they think the gun would be worth? I have a "blue book" but it is a few years old now. I could send pictures to anyone who would be willing to help me.

Thanks!
Steve Petry
Pickstown, SD
spetry@charles-mix.com

Comments

• Options
    dcinffxvadcinffxva Member Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last edition of Flaydermans, which is now 6 years old, lists the value range at Very Good $1,150 to Excellent $2,750.

Not sure if you will get much more of an update since these are pretty scarce, and don't hit the market often.

Post pictures if you can, we all like seeing the unusual pieces pop up.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post your inquiry to this forum, including quality pictures also, would be a plus. Many of these gentlemen are collectors with years of experience. They would be most likely to know current FMV. Value would depend on the rifle being arsenal original, and cosmetic condition, of course.

http://www.antiqueguns.com/phorum/list.php?6
  • Options
    sd-petesd-pete Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry...I must not be too smart, I can't figure out how to attach a picture. If someone could please help me out, I will post some. Or please e-mail me and I will send them to you. I have about 12 pictures ready to send.

Thanks,
    Steve Petry
    Pickstown, SD

spetry@charles-mix.com
  • Options
    SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MandatWardBurtonwon2002Daytona500mandoggoneSterlinMarlingotoutcarstraightenfronfenderWardcomearoundwwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhrrrrrrrrrantookthecheckerflag.Man he's fast.[:D]
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sd-pete
    Sorry...I must not be too smart, I can't figure out how to attach a picture. If someone could please help me out, I will post some. Or please e-mail me and I will send them to you. I have about 12 pictures ready to send.

Thanks,
    Steve Petry
    Pickstown, SD

spetry@charles-mix.com

Go to this link: http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=188596