In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 1100 .410 with extra barrels value? DOM?

bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a VERY good condition Remington 1100 .410 with ALL of the barrels, yep, that's right - a Skeet, IC, Mod. & Full barrels (all at least 95%) with manual but not box. This is a late 60's early 70's (diamond on grip) vintage.
It took me something like a year to collect all of the barrels, does anyone know what a good selling price would be?
Thanks
Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.

Comments

• bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    start with what you paid fot it. you know the gun better than we do. if you bought it with the intent to make a profit, you most likley paid less than the value. rule of gun aquisitioning....'profit is made at the time of purchase.' reason i say this is, most people wont buy a gun for more than its book value. and if youre not a dealer, they will most likley want to pay less for it, because you dont pay taxes and overhead to maintain a business....which drives retail prices of guns, the way the blue book was designed to do. another thing is becasue of its condition being 95%, having all 3 blls doesnt improve the selling point. just like a car....you can make more money off of parts to 300 buyers, than one buyer paying for a junk car. so...what am i saying? a 95% 1100 410 is about 350.00. the bbls are about 150.00(ribbed bbls). dont try to snag a customer by putting the skeet bbl on it, jacking the price, and calling it a skeet gun if it wasnt the original bbl to the gun. buyers arent fooled easily. if it has cracked wood, cut wood, dented ribs...if it has ribs at all, can effect price too. this is all ballpark w/o seeing the gun. hope i helped!

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info bobski... Yes, they are VR barrels and didn't buy the gun to sell and make a profit, but the shells have went up even further ($8/box now) and I can't hardly afford to shoot the dang thing.

Having a predictable enemy is better than having an ally you can't trust.
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think my estimate is a good one. those 410's are in a sort of demand. finding one that works that is! now...tell me about the receiver. does it say skeet on it? or, SA, SB, or tournament? good luck!

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
    edited November -1
    Bobski, the receiver simply has the 1100LW on it along with scrolling on both sides.
    I'd like to know the year of manufacture if anyone knows when it was made Serial # M303070x

410.JPG
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    bambi,
    Give us the date code,on left of barrel,just in frt.of reciever.
    Should be a 2,or 3 digit code. It's on the bbl,so be sure you get it off the original.For that matter,give us all of them.We can date all the bbl's.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
    edited November -1
    The date code is on the barrels? Hmm, I figured it'd be part of the receiver serial number...
    Skeet: LV (maybe has a T on the end)
    Mod: RZ (maybe has an L on the end)
    Neither the IC or the Full have anything in that location.

Thanks for having me look these up, I forgot I had shot the modified barrel and it was in need of cleaning and oiling - oops. No rust that I can see luckily! [:I]
  • agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    I'll swap you an SBE rifled slug barrel and modified forearm for it.[:)]

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

aglore@gci.net
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Well, all I can come up with
    is: L T =1970
    R L =1964

Hope this helps,
    BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
    edited November -1
    Hmm, that dates it earlier than I thought it would be... The guy said he bought it new (modified barrel) in 1972 or 1973.

I figured they'd have a serial # lookup on Remington.com but I couldn't find one.
  • Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call Remington; although you may get just a secreary at a computor screen.
    1-800-243-9700