In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

P38

tsbskiptsbskip Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited June 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a pistol with the following markings,could you tell me what it is and avg. value?
left side: p38 byf over 43, 3052d.
bellow barrel,over trigger:3052d 3small horizontal lines over135.
right side 3small lines over 135 eagle over swaz 3lines over 135
these are the only #'s I can find, the grips are black rubber?, and the blueing is good
thanks

Comments

• tsbskiptsbskip Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Walther P38 ac (no date ), magazine and holster ser.# 6636D, can anyone give me a value.

Thanks,

Skip
    edited November -1
    I have a P38 i would like some information an value on it the pistol is marked AC40 the serial#1413 ???? Thanks for the help
    edited November -1
    What would a P38 Walther bring back gun from WWII with a letter and the holster in almost mint condition be worth and what should I look for on the gun there's a lady that came by that I know her dad brought the gun back and she wants to sell it I didn't have my camera at work so I couldn't take pictures , But going on my description what do you think the value would be. I'm not this knowledgeable on this gun. Thanks for any help , Barbwired
    edited November -1
    I just obtained a mauser mfg 1944 p38 , there are 4 digits in the serial # then a "x" I have found no info on the "x" what does it mean?
    edited November -1
    I have a P38 with the letter "e" after the serial no.#. Can anyone tell me what the letter signifies? It was a bringback from WW11. Thank you.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Skip, your question is like me asking you, "I have an old car; what's it worth?"

Without seeing some good photos, there is no possible way we can guess the value of your gun. There is a "sticky" near the top of the first page of this forum that explains how to post photos. Or, you can click on the Smart Search button near the top of the page & look at Completed Auctions for guns similar to yours, & see what they actually sold for.

Neal
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be best if you could post quality photos of the Walther, for our members to give you a accurate assessment of it's value.

That said, a AC no date P 38, if factory original and in at least good cosmetic condition. Would be a very big buck collectors item.

I lucked on to one years ago. It was posted on the for sale board at one of the local target ranges. Didn't even know what it was, just bought it because it was in good shape and priced right.
  • stetsonstetson Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best thing to do is take a picture and post it with as much information as you can on the p-38 forum.You will find a bunch of knowledgeable people over there that will tell you about your pistol.
    This is what I did with my a/c 45 p38.
  • MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess would be somewhere between $100 to $10,000. I hope that helped.