In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Unusual Hand Engraved Knife or Sword-What is it?

lenjaysonlenjayson Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited June 2009 in Ask the Experts
There are no makers marks on this knife. It has a single sided blade and measures 19" long. Anyone know what this is?

Len

DSC00145.jpg
DSC00146.jpg
DSC00147.jpg
DSC00148.jpg
DSC00149.jpg
DSC00150.jpg

Comments

• Lucky007Lucky007 Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is just a guess, but I saw very similar knives and swords in the bazaars in Afghanistan and Pakistan. They were made to look like antiques, but were locally made as tourist souvenirs. Some were even made in a type of Damascus steel, but many of them were engraved like the sword in your photos.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Middle Eastern wall hanger, made as a decorative peice, probably sold to a tourist with a story about the Khyber Pass or some such.
  • 32 Magnum32 Magnum Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try this forum. There are respondents from all over the world and their ability to ID edged weapons is phenomenal. I've had several swords and knives IDed here. You may be surpised at what you learn. I have a sword that I bought at auction for $65, that turned out to be an AZERI Khalambar that one gentleman from Pakistan said was worth around $1500.

http://forums.swordforum.com/index.php
  • lenjaysonlenjayson Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone, for all of your opinions and suggestions