In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hi Standard G-380

adamj812adamj812 Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
Hi all,

Just picked up this Hi-Standard G-380, can't seem to find much on anything but a .22. This thing is like new. Any idea what it's worth?

g380.jpg
g380-2.jpg

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post to John Stimon's site, at this URL. He will give you chapter & verse regarding it.

http://www.histandard.info/
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello If it is truely like new it is valuered as a collectable . MY WAG $600.000 + or - Make sure it has not been refinished most times a 50 year old gun that looks like new is not orginial. These pistols had a very sharp recoil for a 380. and never made it on the market place but every H.S. collector would like to have one if it was like new. "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    without writing a novel, basically the 380 was a hope of getting a govt contract. it flopped, so they sold it in the public venue. not many around. great little gun built on the g series frame. having an original mag is paramount for proper function. fixed sites are a drawback. i sold mine. i had no need for it. its a good 15 yd gun.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.