In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

rolling block

whiteheadwhitehead Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
did remington make a rolling block double barrel pistol?

Comments

• whiteheadwhitehead Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I finally brought home the Rolling Block today.
    Navy Arms, Pedersoli, 45/70, 22" barrel.

How do you keep the extractor in place while pulling the fist lever back? In order to load a shell, the extractor must stay in place, however, it comes back with the lever & goes forward with the lever.
    How is a shell loaded with the extractor in the way??
    I am using spent brass just to check it out, not live ammo.

Thanks for any help. will post pics shortly
    edited November -1
    Does anybody know what a Civil War Winchester Rolling Block is worth in mint condition?
    edited November -1
    Hello,Looking for info/age/value on rolling block, E. Remington & sons, ilion,ny. , serial no. 10475. 24" octagon barrel,could be in 25 short, or rusted out 22lr, chamber face is bigger then 22lr. It is a rim fire. Bore condition is poor. Overall condition good. BUT owner carved his name into metal of receiver (right side), deep and large.Thank you, 243winxb

Join the NRA
    edited November -1
    HELP i aquired this rifle and need any information as to manufacture and date . it is a rolling block 22 cal. barell is octogon 7/8 inch across and 24 inches long has what looks like square rifeling.only markings are (emalchair) under the barell and a belgum proof mark. oval with e l g and a star.any information will be appreciated thanks Marv.
    edited November -1
    hey thanks for all the useful info. on the rolling block.shure some great poeple using this site. I have one more question on this heavy barreld flobert.what was the reason for the square counterbore at the muzzle? saw a pic. of a gun just like mine looked like it was also counterbored
    thanks and make every day count
  • modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Must be from Belguim as far as the E L G proofs tell..A picture in gun info is worth 10,000,000 words.modoc
    edited November -1
    hey i would like to include a pic. but havnt figured out how
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "ELG over *" is a standard Belgian proof mark. All it means is that the barrel has gone through the proof process.

The Belgians were making Rolling Blocks under license from Remington, from at least the 1870's.

Here are instructions for posting photos. Even with the photos though it's not likely we can provide much more information, if their isn't a manufacturers or retailers name, ( we can identify ) on the rifle.

First thing you need is a site to host your picture. What I mean by that is that you will need to upload your pictures to a web site that will host(display) them for you. You should not use your hard drive to host pictures for safety sake. Use www.photobucket.com to host your pictures.

After you have uploaded your pictures to the site that will host them for you(per their directions), the next thing you will want to do is go to the picture hosting site and view the picture. While you are viewing the picture, right click on it and you'll see another window that should pop up, now click on "properties" and copy the picture URL. If you know how to "copy & paste" this will be a piece of cake.

Now that you have the picture URL and your ready to post your picture. Do the following, use the following code except take out the "*" asterisk. The "*" asterisk is used here only so you can see the code. In other words if I posted the code without the "*" asterisk you will see a picture instead of the code. Anyways use this code to post your picture..
    [*img]the picture URL goes here[*/img]
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    It sounds like a Flobert to me. Does the action look anything like the picture?

pix1004252625.jpg
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info the pic. looks identical even the stock i can see looks alike.what was the reason behind the square freebore extends about an inch from the muzzle? thanks for the info

quote:Originally posted by Spider7115
    It sounds like a Flobert to me. Does the action look anything like the picture?

pix1004252625.jpg
  • johnboy12000johnboy12000 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HI Whitehead, Its very wierd but I recently posted the same Question a couple days ago and received that answer which led me to a website with all the info.
    Not only that I am also A WHITEHEAD
    John Boswell Whitehead Taylor lll
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by johnboy12000
    HI Whitehead, Its very wierd but I recently posted the same Question a couple days ago and received that answer which led me to a website with all the info.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by whitehead
    quote:Originally posted by johnboy12000
    happy hunting
    hey i would really like to thank everyone for the response got a lot of useful info.find some great poeple on this site wish id have found it sooner thanks to everyone