In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mark Christian is your GB email account working?

BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
edited August 2003 in Ask the Experts
Over the past 2 months I have sent 3 emails with no reply. Just curious, do you have a filter turned on?

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed."NRA Life Member

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I can't recall seeing any e-mails from you lately, other than the one tonight Boomerange. I have received e-mails from other members with no problems as well as lots of Gun Broker bid confirmations so I know my e-mail address works from this site. I have no active filters, although I do have a SPAM blocker, but this is only supposed to block further e-mailings from sources that I have previously designated as SPAM. Exactly how all of this stuff works is a total mystery to me...I am NOT a computer expert by a long shot!

Mark T. Christian
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Yep it is odd, this was the 3rd email I had sent. BTW, I have a few quick questions for you.

1. What is your take on the H&K clones made by Special Weapons?

2. What would be the value of a LNIB 96 BATS be?

3. In your opinion, as to what is the best configuration of the Beretta 96/92s?

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed."NRA Life Member
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    As far as clones are concerned the Special Weapons are a decent choice-- FAR better than anything from Hesse! I'd still prefer to try and locate a licensed HK copy like the Springfield Armory SAR-8 made in Greece or the harder to find FMP rifles from Portugal (inported by INTER ORDNANCE). The 96 BATS was only available for about a year or so back in 2000 and not a lot of people even know about it. Old retail was around $800 so I imagine a NIB example might bring close to that figure today with the right buyer. Once you shoot the gun even once it looses most (Perhaps all) of it collectors interest and is now worth probably $600. These prices are simply my own guesses and the market in your area or on auction may easily prove me wrong. My own choice for the Model 92 series (and the one I personally prefer) is the 92G Elite Brigadier. This offers the best of features in my opinion and I favor the decocker over the conventional slide mounted safety. There is also an Elite II with a few "tricked out" target type features but if I wanted a target gun I'll just go out and purchase a dedicated target model and be done with it. This is why I own an original (not from a kit) Italian made Model 92F Compitition Pistol, a sweet shooter I assure you!

Mark T. Christian
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. I must say that having a gun (the BATS) I can not shoot without losing money really does not appeal to me. I guess it is time to let that one go and get something to shoot. Maybe a SW-5 in 9mm. BTW, I was referring to the MP-5 clones by Special Weapons, sorry for the lack of information on the front end.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. I really liked the explanation on the Beretta 92 slide that you posted earlier. I was able to glean a lot of info from it. Sorry to see it gone.

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed."

NRA Life Member