In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

C&R recommendations...

the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
lisc. showed up today...thinking about a cz52 1st off. any recommended sellers or advice for the next purchase? thanks...

Comments

• 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Put the K31 Swiss on your list

bumpersticker.gif
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with Mark, and second that K31!!!Pick up some of those French rifles while you're at it.

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • laisterrlaisterr Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont forget the czech vz-24's , k98's, and the yugo m48's!!!
  • MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Garand, M1 Carbine, 1903, 1917 and a Colt 1911.[:D]

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166
  • 1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gp ahead and get that CZ-52...wonderfully robust and pretty accurate for a military pistol! The Mosins are also a good bet, but I would go for a Swiss K-31 FIRST! They are surprisingly accurate and a very interesting piece of machinery. I would recommend that youo start looking for guns that interest you that ARE NOT import marked. They are currently a bit more expensive, but these unmarked examples will bring a much better return on your investment down the line! Whatever you do, make sure that you get things that really interest you as oppossed to rifles and handguns that "seem like a good idea", as sometime down the road, purchases like that wind up being NOT such a good idea and you'll find yourself asking "what the hell was I thinking!". Have fun and try to avoid bankrupting yourself...it can be a challenge with that license you have!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks again to all...mark esp: your advice pushed me to get c/r, so its only right to let you spend some of my money(as soon as i earn it...)
    powder: about 3 mo's. confucious say,"the best time to plant a tree is 100 years ago- the 2nd best time is now..."
    http://www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f531016.pdf
    on the list:
    k31
    nagant pistol
    sks
    mauser
    hex moisin