In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Identify Remington, Beretta, S&W, AMT Automag II

SapsterSapster Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
Hey again. As I'm researching the few guns I've inherited from my Uncle, I just can't seem to find a few in the BB. Maybe some of you could easily identify these guns, since you've had NO problem with the other 2. Thanks -- sorry if this is a pain.

(1) Remington Model 870 Magnum "Parkerized"
12 Gauge Pump Action Shotgun / folding stock

Says "For Law Enforcement Only" on gun

RemingtonModel870MagnumPolice.jpg

(2) Pietro Beretta Gardone V.T.
Made in Italy
85 cheetah, .380 Nickel
Series 81

PietroBeretta85Cheetah.jpg

(3) Smith & Wesson Model 017 Double Action Revolver
Caliber .22
Barrel 8-3/8"
Finish B

SmithWessonModel017.jpg

(4) AMT Automag II
.22 Rimfire Magnum
Barrel 6"
Stainless Steel

AMTAutomagII.jpg

Thanks again, I just can't seem to find the exact models of these guns.

-Erich

Comments

• 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Thanks again, I just can't seem to find the exact models of these guns.

You seam to have all the info listed, what else are you looking for?

I have two of that model 870, both say "for law enforcement only" it was a marketing ploy, anyone could buy them {and enforce some law I suppose}
  • SapsterSapster Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I'm looking to eventually sell these guns and I need to know some sort of price range to list these guns at -- so I don't start it at too high or too low.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington, page 1294. Beretta, page 251. S & W, page 1439. AMT, page 117.

luger_4.jpg
    edited November -1
    Is the Remington on page 1294 the Model 870 Marine Magnum or the Model 870 Police?

Because I already have another Model 870 Police and it looks a little different from this one.

The other one looks like this which comes with the Magazine Police Extension kit:

RemingtonModel870PoliceParkerized.jpg
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With all the problems your having with the BB, all indications point to you being a college graduate. Perhaps even a MBA?

luger_4.jpg
    edited November -1
    Whats that supposed to mean? Funny you should say that...I am a recent college grad.. But I don't see what thats supposed to lead too. I admit I am no gun expert, all I'm asking is for some help. Sorry for being a bother.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try the page numbers again. The BLUE BOOK will give you all the info you need.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quote Is the Remington on page 1294 the Model 870 Marine Magnum or the Model 870 Police?

I think you'll find the Marine model, has a nickel type finish. [:)]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  "And remember a wet dog doesn't fly at night"  "My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be."   ATF,Eagle Guns