In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old remington Mod 12

HoundDogHoundDog Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited September 2003 in Ask the Experts
I think this is a Remington mod 12 in .22 cal. I say I think because I can't find a modl number anywhere on it. It looks like a mod 12 (pump action .22) but it has a octagonal barrel. Overall cond I would say is about 90% with a little pitting on the barrel. Serial number is 200717.

Can someone tell me a littleabout this rifle and about how much it's worth?

Thanks

Who ever said there aint no sportin hunting with hounds, never tried to keep up with MY dogs

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds like you may have a model 61. veeeery collectible. octagon bbl is going to make it veeeeery rare! can you send me a pic? i will continue to help. nec9554@juno.com

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok ok ...im awake now...this is what happens when you post without your morning coffee! its remington. i thought you said winchester model 12! ok...back to the drawing boards. let me keep looking! back me up guys! lets help this new poster!
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry,I ant got a digital camera so sending a pic is not possible. This is my step dad's gun and he has terminal cancer. He asked me to find out about what it's worth and sell it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Who ever said there aint no sportin hunting with hounds, never tried to keep up with MY dogs
  • Options
    remrocremroc Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 12C has an octagonal barrel. I paid $275 for mine in similar condition. Blue book is $325.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any other idea's?

I got one saying about $275.00

I was really hoppng that it was worth a little more than that.