In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Recoil pad suggestions, Browning A-5

agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
I just picked up an A-5 that previously had the buttplate removed and replaced with a pad. The pad is in really poor condition, so I'm going to replace it. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good pad that's prefitted for this shotgun? I'd like to try a Limb Saver, but I'd rather not go through the hassle of having it ground.

Comments

• bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    any nice pad is going to have to be fitted. browning contracted with 'white line' so i nice white line would be nice. what kinds on there now?[?]

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRY THE LIMBSAVER SLIP ON. WORKS VERY WELL.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's got an old orange Western Field pad on it right now that is falling apart.
    edited November -1
    if looks arent important, a quck fix is a packmyer slip on. it comes in 2 sizes, med or lrg. the best fix is to have a new pad put on and have it done right. it will last another 50 years and help the value of the gun.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    Get a Kick-eez. They are great!

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed"

. and the antithesis to this philosophy was uttered by Bill Clinton "I smoked it, but I didn't inhale."[V]

NRA Life Member
    edited November -1
    on an a5? thats like putting mag wheels on a mini van.[:D]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.