In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A guns worth

caz1259caz1259 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me what a Winchester 94Rifle is worth? It's not the year 94 but the name of the rifle. It is 95% orig. blue. 30 WCF Nickel steel Ex. Bore barrel. American walnut stock cresent butt plate. serial # is 405938.

Caz1259

Comments

• caz1259caz1259 Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive had a few guns passed down to me from a couple generations.. I know limited information about guns. I know its a winchester's repeating arms new haven kings improvement patented march 29 1866 october 16 1860 model 1873 serial number 188363 b thats what I can read on it.. I dont have any other info on it. there is a few markings near the sighting but not sure what it says.. Does anyone know estimated what its worth is? or any information about this gun?
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MY BOOK SAYS 1907. RARELY DO WE SEE A GUN FROM THIS ERA WITH 95 % BLUE. ARE YOU SURE IT HAS NOT BEEN REBLUED??

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
    edited November -1
    I am positive it hasn't been reblued. Do you know what the value of the gun is or does anyone out there know?

Caz1259
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello caz...

It is not as simple as just telling us that you have a Model "94" (which by the way with a serial of 405938, should actually be marked "Model 1894").

1. Is your Model 1894 a Sporting Rifle, a Deluxe Sporting Rifle, or a Saddle Ring Carbine (SRC)[?].
    2. Full octagon, full round, or 1/2 octagon barrel[?]
    3. Exact barrel length[?]
    4. Solid frame or Takedown[?]
    5. Straight grip buttstock or pistol grip[?]
    6. Plain walnut stocks, gumwood, or deluxe checkered stocks[?]
    7. Plain trigger or a set trigger[?]
    8. Standard sporting (open) sights, or upgrade special order sight (including a tang sight)[?]

Inquiring minds want to know[:0][:)]

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
    edited November -1
    In response to your questions....for all your inquiring minds[:)]

1. It is a sporting rifle.
    2. It has a full round barrel.
    3. Barrel length is 29 or 30 inches.
    4. It is a solid frame.
    5. It has a straight grip buttstock.
    6. Plain walnut stock.
    7. Plain trigger.
    8. Standard sporting open sights.

Caz1259
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by caz1259
    In response to your questions....for all your inquiring minds[:)]

1. It is a sporting rifle.
    2. It has a full round barrel.
    3. Barrel length is 29 or 30 inches. I think that you REALLY need to recheck this... 29-inches would be a real problem, 30-inches would make it a "special order". 26-inches was standard
    4. It is a solid frame.
    5. It has a straight grip buttstock.
    6. Plain walnut stock.
    7. Plain trigger.
    8. Standard sporting open sights.

Caz1259

Bert H.

edited November -1
    It is a 26 in. [:I][:)]

Caz1259
  • huntingboundhuntingbound Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    not takedown. straight stock aftermarket butt plate not orignail .round barrel carbine.
    edited November -1
    It is a 26 in. [:I][:)]

Caz1259

OK... the dentist office is now closed![:D]

If your Model 1894 rifle truly has 95% of its factory original bluing still on the frame (and the barrel), it is worth about $1600 - $1800 retail. I just so happened to very recently see a real nice 1907 vintage Model 1894 Sporting Rifle that was in 90% condition (but with the more desirable octagon barrel) sell for $1800... and that was before the additional 12% buyers premium was tacked on. Your Sporting Rifle is worth slightly less in the collectors market due to the full round barrel.

Bert H.

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by huntingbound
    not takedown. straight stock aftermarket butt plate not orignail .round barrel carbine.

Huh[?][?] What are you talking about[?] If you are trying to ask a question, please start a brand new post, and clearly ask what you want to know along with a detailed description of what you are asking about... very few of us are successful mind readers[:0][:)]

Bert H.

edited November -1
    Thank you Bert for all your input.[:)]

Caz1259
    edited November -1
    Thank you Bert for all your input.[:)]

Caz1259

Your welcome... but just wait until you get my bill for all the dental work[:D]

Bert H.