In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HISTORY? WALTERS & SON gunmakers

bjsgear@hotmail.combjsgear@hotmail.com Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
Need to know if anyone has info on " walters & son" in the making of shotguns, thanks, bryan.

BEEJAYYY!

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Found one reference, to a English maker of muzzle loading precusion shotguns.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Not enough information to go on....Rufe-Snow found You an English Maker and I have a list of American Makers with the name of WALTERS...But my list predates Rufe-Snows...My list is from the 1770's to the early 1800's which was in the Flintlock era...Is it possible for you to post a photo or at the least give us a comprehensive discription?...
    1. Flintlock
    2. Percussion
    3. Pin Fire
    4. Shotshell
    5. Single Barrel
    6. Double Barrel
    7. Multi Barrel
    The list go's on...Give us a complete discription and We should be able to help You...Post all Marks and Proofs as well......Best.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff<P><BR>
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boothroyd lists only a George Walters, London 1836-1857. Side X Sides of the World lists a Walters & Son: "There were a number of gun makers & dealers in the USA and Britain from about 1820 to 1900. History and quality unkown. One listed for sale in 1998 was 16 Gauge, Damascus barrels, outside hammers, and of course it was a sxs. It is not clear if the company changed hands, or if several makers sold under that name at different times, or if several makers built them for someone who sold them under that name. As the good Captn. says, we would be most pleased to help if we can, but need much more information to work with.