In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

winchester model 12

2»

Comments

• Options
    huntingboundhuntingbound Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 1929 Winchester Model 12, 16 guage, 2 3/4. I believe it to be a field grade with 2 barrel assemblies. Barrel 1 is a 22 inch improved cylinder with a solid rib. Barrel 2 is a 28 inch with loop sight. The gun is in fair to good condition and was wondering what it might be worth.

I would have attached pics if I could figure out how to do it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have 2 questions.
    First,Im just wondering how I would go about changing a left-hand safe back to the original right-hand safe.

And 2, what is the correct way to measure the barrel length of a Model 12.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a model 12 winchester,serial number is 1114092.its a 12 ga,with a 2 3/4 chamber with a cutts comp on the barrel.could anyone tell me how old it is..thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Winchester Model 12 that I am trying to put a plug into for duck hunting. I can not figure out how to get the magazine open to put the plug in. Is there a trick to this? Wlll this require tools? Thank you in advance for the help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have a 20 gauge model 12 that will not lock. Have replaced the barrel chamber ring, ejector to no effect. Extractor looks good and weapon will eject, however not stay locked. Does anybody have any advice on this matter. Greatly appreciated!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Winchester Model 12 that was passed down to me. I would never sell but i have always been curious about the rarity and the value. The seriel # on the reciever is 932059. The number on the barrel and forend is 933059. I also have another barrel and forend. the # on it is 933059. both barrels are 12 ga 2 3/4. One barrel is marked FULL. Any info would be greatly appreciated
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [?]I aguired [2]model2 from my grandfather would like some imfromation on them 1 is 12ga superspeed@superX 30" barrel mattel rim proof steel barrel sn#1193976 what is it wotrh @ what year was it made. any imfo please [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just inherited a Winchester Model 12 20 gauge shotgun that belonged to my grandfather. The serial # is 388906. Any idea when it was manufactured?
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I need to get some info on the "Y series"
    models..I believe they were only produced the last couple of years before
    Winchester sold out to US Repeating arms--late 50s and pre 64.. I think all Y
    series Mod 12s had a ventilated rib..but do not know what gauges were available
    for sure..Do know they had a Model 12 12 gauge TRAP gun..Would like to know if
    they had field guns--barrel lentghs and chokes..also did they make a 16 gauge..I
    like the 28 gauge so much now I am compliplating a 12 or 16 gauge, but must be a
    Y series..If available they will undoubtably be hard to find and no doubt out of
    my price range, but I am curious.

Thanks

Rockton
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Winchester model 12, 12 gauge 26" ws1 that was made in 1963 that I use for grouse hunting. It shoots and points like a dream, however within the last year or so sometimes it is extremely hard to push the pump back forward once fired to load the second round. I have taken the receiver apart multiple times to clean and lube everything inside, I even took it to a local gunsmith, he honed some of the sliding parts inside, he said because of their design this was the nature of the model 12. It doesn't do this every time I shoot just at random. Does anyone know of a special lube or something I could use. I also found a receiver from a Y model 12 for sale, would my barrel and stock interchange with it? I know the Y models were casted instead of machined, does this effect the smoothness of the action? Any help appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a older model 12 i picked up about 20 years ago and cant find much on it as far as its value. I was manufactured in the US with matching serial number of 1660872. It has a 30 inch barrel with factory ventalated rib with a 2 3/4 inch chamber and full choke. I also has a peep sight install behind the bolt that appears to have been after market. If anyone has any information on this firearm, its history and value please help me out. I have seen one very simular in Cabella's gun library with a price take of about $1800, only notable difference was the serial number which was 157xxxx with a 3 inch chamber.

The wood on my gun is in excellent condition and the metal in very good condition with a fair amount of bluing wear on the receiver.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am having problems with a model 12 winchester. When assembled, the cartridge cutoff does not block the magazine when the bolt is closed and you cannot load shells as they pop back out. What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have just received a Winchester model 1912 12 guage full choke, serial number 769** with a 30" barrel. Can anyone give me a clue about the date of manufacture? Gun is not for sale, but was left to me by my great-grandfather. Thanks. Earl.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can a winchester model 12 12 gauge 2 3/4" chamber be modified ( have chamber lenghtened) to shoot 3" shells
    The reason i ask is i own a model 12 roit gun (watts commemorative edition[:D]) which is in like new condition. I would like to purchase a extra barrel/ mag,forearm which i see a lot of on ebay. I would like to have a spare duck gun realize the new set up will have to be fitted .What i really wanted was a 12 heavy duck
    thanks rp
  • Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum huntingbound! Your Md 12, (Super Speed & Super X) is what is known as the Md 12 Duck Gun! It was made in 1949, (Ref: Dave Riffle) They came with Plain barrels, or a Raised Solid Rib. Barrel length was 30 or 32 inches. Measured from the breech bolt face, (when closed) to the end muzzle. They came with a weighted butt stock, and a solid red winchester recoil pad. Solid Rib Duck guns start out at $450-$500 in decent shape, and rise quickly depending on the condition. Look at the butt stock closely right behind the receiver , Duck Guns had a tendancy to crack stocks in the wrist area. If you could give a better description of the metal, and wood, I might be able to give you a better idea what it's really worth. Then again it was your grandfathers, he paid good money for that gun, it deserves to stay in the family a few more generations. Just keep a good coat of gun oil on it. Regards Dave