In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Real Bushmaster rifle

shiftforkshiftfork Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have a "real" (very early) [?]Bushmaster rifle (not an AR-15 clone) and want to know what it may be worth. It is sometimes called a Gwinn rifle (after the company's owner) and looks like a combination of M-16 and AK-47 features. It has a wooden stock and plastic pistol grip with a "B" symbal to denote it is a Bushmaster. Any info or comments would be appreciated.

Comments

• drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I owned one many years ago. It had a wooden stock, that was very light in color ( Maple I believe? ). Although they didn't have a good reputation for reliability, mine worked fine. When I decided to get rid of it, had to paint the stock black. None of the gunshop commandoes would look at it, until I painted the stock, didn't fit their image I guess.

Finally sold it to a guy at work, didn't get much money out of it. There might be some collectors interest now though, as they havn't been made for many years. Believe the rifle I owned ( aluminum receiver ) dated from the late 70's or early 80's?

luger_4.jpg