In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

coach gun

cannibuscannibus Member Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
what company do you think makes the best coach gun?

Comments

• cannibuscannibus Member Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am looking for a coach gun as a shooter to carry in my UTV. I have researched Stoger,Baikal,Cz and a few others. Who makes a quaility Coach gun in the 4-800 range that is dependable and has decent workmanship and quality? I dont want a piece of Junk. I am leaning towards the Stoger Supreme with chokes and single trigger. Any imput would be helpful. Thanks Rick
    edited November -1
    Guys, I have a W.H. Moore & Co double barrel shotgun I just received in very good shape everything is here and it shoots. I can not find any info on it can anyone give my some sort of history or direct me to some place where I might find out? I need a ball park value it is 12ga. Thanks 45
  • RaoulRaoul Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Liberty II, distributed by KBI (made by Huglu in Turkey) has 20" barrels, exposed hammers, nicely figured & checkered walnut, case hardened finish, and an authentic look. It isn't priced much higher than the Russian imports, and looks MUCH NICER. It's a little stiff opening, which could slow you down a little if you're thinking of Cowboy Action Shooting, but is a really nice gun for the money.
  • ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The new ones being brought in by TTN are bank vault solid,and the 'ears' taper towards each other for one(strong) thumb cocking.LIke all imports a spring job and shome shooting loosen em up real nice like.I don't have an addy but Googel might give ya something.They ain't the cheapest,but cheap guns are seldom good guns..exceeptions do occur of course.

WOW.Just found a way cool site with tons of 'my' kind of firearms!If ya scroll down qutie a ways there is a pic of the TTN coach gun.
    http://www.aci.net/schaefer/page53.html

Throckmortons' the alias,cas is the game.
  • allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had or been near a couple of the Stoeger imports. OK gun for the money but kick the livin' crap out of you, even with trap loads. I'd look at what the others have mentioned or a Stevens/Savage 311 cut down.
    edited November -1
    Please check the edit to my original post.

edited November -1
    that ttn is a very nice looking gun...im asking because i was at the local sporting goods store and they had a stoeger 20 gauge coach with nickel plating that my friend wanted to get but was $50 short on cash...hes going to go back and get it i think...i like the looks of them and after shooting his i may get one...i like how the exposed triggers look but im afraid they could get hung up...does it matter if the triggers are exposed or not for cowboy action shooting?
    edited November -1
    Hmmmmm.Not sure what you mean by 'exposed triggers'.do you mean outside hammers?
    Outside hammers are only required in one or two cowboy catagories,but are legal for all catagories.ALL side by sides must have extractors,not ejectors that throw the shells out of the gun when opened.I believe the Stoegers are pretty much extractor guns...they just lift the shells up out of the chambers a bit.
    I have been using my stoeger for four years and it's holding up great.They are VERY stiff to open and close at first but will break in with a litttle time.A new spring on the operating lever is usually a good idea...it's very stiff from the factory.Nearly all imported doubles need a spring job to be easier to operate.Because of their light weight coaches will kick the snot out of you with buckshot or similiar heavy stuff,so think "birdshot".:)

• RaoulRaoul Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should really take a look at the Liberty II before you spend your money on a Stoeger. There's no comparison at all! IMHO
  • eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.khanshotguns.com

They're Turk, but cheaper than dirt, and shoot fine. They're a nice gun for the money, and are VERY LIGHT. There's a seller on auction that has a lot of Khans, and pretty fair prices. Look for "outback1".

Best of luck.
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    I am going to spell it wrong and it is not in my house currently but I bought a Russian Baikal coach. Fine looking weapon. Like the way it works and shoots as well

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Hoss FlyHoss Fly Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guess it don't count cause they don't make mule ears no more but ROSSI & i dearly luv my Stevens 235

I'm Your huckleberry