In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Correct ID for Colt Pocket Model

rk3224rk3224 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited August 2005 in Ask the Experts
Hello Capt:
subject: Auction # 35335954
I would appreciate assistance in correctly identify the Colt Pocket Model that I am selling. I do not have access to reference book. I have talked to knowledgeable Dealers/Collectors and each have identified it as a different model. 1849, 1851, 1853, &1862.
Thanks so much for your kind assistance,
Roland

Roland Kinney

Comments

• Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The description calls it a Pocket Navy which is a 5 shot .36 caliber. Can't see the caliber but it is a 5 shot. I'm wondering what makes you suspect it is something else. Also the description gives contacts for the seller which I would use first, confirm caliber, ask questions and then explore here on GB for other info if needed.
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe he said he was the seller. He has received e-mails stating that the gun was something different than he has it listed as.
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry I should have read it again before I wrote. I made a mistake once before, you may recall the time I thought I had made a mistake and hadn't. So to try again. If it is .36 caliber, Flayderman's item 5B-108 calls it Colt Model 1862 Pocket Navy. Measure the bore of the barrel and cylinder. Otherwise if it is .31 caliber I would call it a 1849 Pocket model which were made in both 5 and 6 shot types. Sorry for any confusion & hope this helps.