In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

summit - tree stand stirrups?`

mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2005 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone tried these "tree stand stirrups"? They are the hook like things for your feet on a climbing treestand. Replaces the strap for your boots.

How do the function? How are they in cold weeather? Do they break easily?

Are they plastic or aluminum?

thanks

It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Comments

• gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    I put a set on one of my climbers don't remember the brand but they are plastic , the ones i used just clamped to the outside of the stand and you just slid your foot under them , they where a little different but did work ok
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ones on my Summit Goliath are plastic. If you have big feet they are a life saver. I cut the bungee cords off as soon as I got the stirrups on. I wear a size 13 shoes and if you hunt with bunny boots or a heavy felt pack boot the bungee cord is too hard to get on your foot.

Wear you safety harness!

Good Luck!
  • mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess for 20 bucks, I will give them a try. I was just concerned about the plastic breaking in the cold weather, and ME being stuck 25 feet up a tree with a broken stirrup. Ii think I might leave the old foot straps on the stand for a while to try them out.

Thanks guys.

It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
  • catusbillcatusbill Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put a pair on my Summit this past season. It was diffently an improvement for me. I'm 60 years old and a little over weight in the middle. I guess not having to bend over and hook my feet was the thing I like the best. Well worth $20.00 and tax. By the way I believe they are nylon or something stronger than plastic. I don't think Summit would put out a product that would be a libility for them...