In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Best recoil pad

v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
My Ithaca 37 recoil pad is aging out and needs replacement.
There seems to be a lot of choices out there.
Any recommendations?

Comments

• sharkman69sharkman69 Member Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't personally tried one yet, but everybody that I know who has used the Limb Saver recoil pads absolutely swears by them. I mean, every person who has one on their rifle or shotgun tells me that it's the best recoil pad out there.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kick-eez or limb saver,...both are superb. Keep in mind, the softer it is,..the easier it gets damaged. But,.....I have a kick-eez on a 338RUM and it is a sweetheart.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • shooter93shooter93 Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like decelarators. The softer pads...ie...limb saver and such do work very well also though. I don't use them because the have a greater tendenacy to snag when mounting quiclky which I do quite often. They also seem to develope a "crush" when a rifle is stored upright for a long time.
  • ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have pachmeyer decelerators on 2 rifles and they work pretty well without deforming like other softer ones.

Common Sense is an Uncommon Virtue.
  • JAK71454JAK71454 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put the Limb Savers on my Benelli and they work great. I got the exact fit and they fit almost perfectly. Jim

Jim Kammerer
  • D.S.COLED.S.COLE Member Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I prefer the limb saver brand over kick eez ,while the recoil absorption and comfort is practically the same, the limb saver brand is a lot easier to grind to fit. Ive had problems with kick eez pads melting into black goo and oozing when you grind them.Either one is superior in comfort over the old types.
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by D.S.COLE
    I prefer the limb saver brand over kick eez ,while the recoil absorption and comfort is practically the same, the limb saver brand is a lot easier to grind to fit. Ive had problems with kick eez pads melting into black goo and oozing when you grind them.Either one is superior in comfort over the old types.

<BR>
    The goo problem is because your gringing to fast, and hard.
    Slow way down and don't let ANY heat biuld up and you'll be fine.
    They can also be placed in the freezer overnight, and that will also be a big help.
    A little spray of WD-40 while grinding will also help a bit.

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.
  • lenuelmp23lenuelmp23 Member Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a lim saver on my 300 no muzzle brake and it has tamed the recoil alot.
  • D.S.COLED.S.COLE Member Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr Bruce I dont think my belt sander is speed adjustable.It does fine on all the other brands of pads , I will try the freezing technique next time Im asked to do one.