In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

star

pajtaspajtas Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
edited August 2005 in Ask the Experts
I was sad to hear about star going out of business, over the years I have owned many star autos, and I had loved them all. any comment? joe

Comments

• Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Star has been out of business since about 93. Astra is out of business as well. LLama is the last of the 3 big pistol makers in Spain to be rumored to colsing this year.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There a Star enthusiast site, thats been on the net for years. He has a page showing production of "ASTARS" pistols. Supposedly these are successors to the Stars. Never heard that they were ever sold in the US? Perhaps in Europe only?

http://www.star-firearms.com/astar/index.shtml

luger_4.jpg
  • stevegsteveg Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    isnt the firestorm made by Llama or star
  • BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where is best source for Star parts?

Bamavol
  • hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    M&M Gunsmithing in Alexandria, Va( I don't have web address or phone #) bought a lot of the parts for Stars and Astra after Interams went out of business.
    Another source but real slow is www.sarcoinc.com (mostly older Star)
    David

sales@hoosiergunworks.com Gun Parts
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • PX15PX15 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Llama just went belly up. Perhaps that's who you had in mind?

My understanding is that the 1911 type Bersa/Firestorm 45's were in fact made by Llama in Spain. The quality of those particular firearms were iffy at best.

On www.BersaTalk.com. very few complaints are ever voiced about the Bersa/Firestorms other than the Llama built 1911 clones.

I have a Firestorm FS22, and it's a great little trail/plinker. Always reliable and very accurate. I also have a Bersa Thunder "9" (Ultra Compact) and it too has been a fine little pistol.

I'm very high on the Bersa/Firestorm products. I've yet to figure out why they are producing two practically identical lines of pistols, (with very minor variances) but, hey, whatever floats their boat I guess.

Best Wishes,
    JP [:D]
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PX15

I'm very high on the Bersa/Firestorm products. I've yet to figure out why they are producing two practically identical lines of pistols, (with very minor variances) but, hey, whatever floats their boat I guess.

Best Wishes,
    JP [:D]

"Firestorm" is only a trade name, coined by the American importer/distributor of Bersa and Llama pistols. As this outfit ( located in New Jersey ) was able to order and pay for a large number of pistols from the factories located in Argentina and Spain, the respective manufacturers were all to happy to put the Firestorm name on their pistols.

luger_4.jpg