In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GLOCK MODEL 37 Question

tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in Ask the Experts
I'v seen the posts for a Glock Model 37 but I'm not familiar with the new Glock Model 37 in Glock .45 caliber.
Have any of you shot it?
What's the deal with "Glock .45 Ammo"? I'm being told the factory calls it "Glock .45 GAP"

Tideman [From Texas]

"Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"

Comments

• kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Haven't gotten a hold of one yet, but the 45 GAP is supposed to be a shortened 45 round that will fit in smaller framed guns then the current G21,30,36 pistols. Supposed to be a little weaker than the 45 ACP in loading according to what I've heard. I'll keep my G21[;)]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • Cameron203Cameron203 Member Posts: 210 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only Glocks in .45 as of right now are the Model 21(full-size), Model 30(sub-compact), and the Model 36(its a sub-compact but slim-line edition).

I think you mean .45 ACP.
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cameron203
    Only Glocks in .45 as of right now are the Model 21(full-size), Model 30(sub-compact), and the Model 36(its a sub-compact but slim-line edition).

I think you mean .45 ACP.

Nope, they're releasing a new model in a new caliber. Do a little research on it, kinda interesting.

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
    edited November -1
    I had no idea thanks for the info. I am still in awe of the 10mm having more knock-down power than the .45 don't see how but its in front of me. Just don't get it. Smaller round(grain) but more power.
  • tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cameron,
    Check out this site:

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=12172457

I'm trying to determine the difference between the standard .45ACP and a .45 GAP[?].

I think I'll keep my Glock 21, also!!!!

Tideman [From Texas]

"Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"
    edited November -1
    Holy crap! Cool I think I will wait till the verdict is in on these guns though.
  • SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think glock felt left out after the .357 sig came out and sig had a caliber named after them.so glock came out with the .45 glock but at least sig made a powerful round.the glock round is lacking in both velocity and bullet weight which equals less stopping power than many 9mm handguns

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,RUSTY WALLACE FAN AND AS EVERYONE SO OFTEN POINTS OUT PISS POOR TYPIST e-mail alisonandwalt@charter.net