In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

remington spartan

varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2009 in Ask the Experts
Anyone with some experience shooting one of the Remington Spartans?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    HEY! Does anyone know if Remington is still importing the Spartan line of shotguns? I emailed remington and was told they are but not as many. When I ask why it was not on their web or in the 2009 catalog or where I could get info on them I got no response on first asking. On second attempt I was told that they did not know. What kind of answer is this. I own a SPR 220 20ga. and really like it (300 shells no problems) and mite like to have a 12ga. SPR 220. Any help? Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Tommy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    anyone have an opinion on the remington spartan. saw one today in 45-70 for $875 kinda liked the looks of this but don't know anything about it. opinions if any please.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A number of years ago Remington sold Russian made Baikal rifles and shotguns under the Spartan name.

You would probably have more luck searching for info using the Baikal name. EAA was the importer/distributor prior to Remington, and Baikal was the name they used.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've handled. I wish it were better finished, I'd buy one even for more $$$. Lousy fit & finish, poor quality wood and checkering. Poor stock design, I think. I realize under $900.00 is cheap as heck for a double rifle, I guess if it's reliable & accurate that's all it needs to be.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks guys, just thinking about it. this one has pretty good fit and finish. guess i'll have to decide if i like the money or the gun more.