In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

S&W 5906

L7L7 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know what the current market price for this particular pistol is? The condition is fair to good, possibly a police trade-in and the current owner wants $225 for it. I saw this at a gun show earlier today but had second thoughts because I just was not sure about the value.Any help would be appreciated.thanks,-smooth
Life is the leading cause of death.Everything else is just a contributing factor.

Comments

• L7L7 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Friend of mine wants to sell me his used S&W 5906. It has very minor wear and has fired about 1000 rounds. He wants $350. He has one 15 round magazine. Does this sound reasonable? What is your opinion of these pistols? Thanks for any comments.
  • L7L7 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Need info on how to disassemble gun for cleaning . Any help will be appreciated.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the price is too high. At auction, it would sell in the $250-300 range. Yeah, your friend would lose money on it, but that's life.

Neal
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one last year for 275.00. It came with the box/papers and two 15 rd. Magazines. It had less than a box of ammo through it. The guy that owned it bought it for a duty weapon and his agency switched to the .40. He tossed this one in the safe and forgot about it for almost 10 years.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • ghotie_thumperghotie_thumper Member Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had a 5906 for about 14 yrs. The thing feeds everything, shoots straight and needs little maintenance. It is a very good firearm. As far as the price, check the auctions here and see where you stand. The prices mentioned above sound fair. I can't remember what I payed brand new for mine but it seems like it was around 500 or so. I put 450 rounds of cheap 9mm ammo through it in a day without cleaning and it never malfunctioned, decent firearm.

Common Sense is an Uncommon Virtue.
  • CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The new TSW's are going for $750.00 and I've seen the 5906's for as much as $400.00 in shops and on the net. I have also seen them as low as $250.00.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • moreammoplzmoreammoplz Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a bad price if it is in good condition. You can usually find them around $299 police trades....

www.kyimports.com

"Shoot Straight and Shoot often."