In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need help with a springfield xd

joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
i plan on buying the 9mm sub compact 3in for carry and actually i went ahead and put money down on the pistol. when i was looking at it i cocked the slide back and of course it stayed back like it was supposed to, but when i pushed the button to return the slide back to normal fire position it wouldn't budge. but when i pull the slide back a little more and pushed the button it opperated like nothing was wrong. so should this gun do that or should i ask them to see if they have another one?

P.S. think it is used being a pawn shop but they are recommended by alot of people, it has the warrenty and all, and looks like it isn't used.

YOU BEEN NUNNED!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comments

• Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I've got the same gun & I love it. You should release the slide the second way, not the first was you described. Springfield says to use the slide release only after pulling back on the slide and releasing the tension off the magazine. That makes the release easier to operate because you aren't pressing down on the magazine spring.

-Spider
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    so pull back the slide further then push the button

• Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Yep, that's how you're supposed to do it. Pull back the slide to take the pressure off the empty magazine. You'll really love the gun and it's one of my favorite carry pieces.

Good luck!

Spider
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks i was kinda of worried becuase after all i am buying from a pawnshop, can't wait because next i get my CWP with gun.