In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Reparkerizing an old Colt

HLOUIE2HLOUIE2 Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking for someone in the Phoenix area that can do a WWII style parkerizing job on a GI Colt. It's pretty well used and in need of a refinish by someone that knows what he is doing. Hlouie

Comments

• Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Parkerizing isn't rocket science. Any reputable gunsmith should be able to do a fine job.

• Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless it's really beat up and in need of reparking I'd leave it alone as a shooter. If it really needs it as stated above you can take it to just about any local smith and have it done. I personally would just leave it be and shoot it, probably has a lot of character in the cond. it's in.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's your gun; do what you want. Just make sure that what you request is "manganese phosphate" parkerizing. And, don't park the barrel & springs.

If you want that greenish look that many WWII guns have now, just cover the refinished gun with grease & wait 60 years.

Neal

Remington_1.jpg

Manganese phosphate repark