In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt vs ArmaLite vs Bushmaster

gunrunrgunrunr Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
Can everyone please chime in with their preferences. Everyone locally seems to want nothing but Colt. I have owned an ArmaLite and thought it was a wonderful gun. No experience with Bushmaster. What do you think? Colts are almost impossible to get new right now and the others are a little easier to locate. Which is the best quality and accuracy. Mainly thinking along the lines of a 20" heavy barrel with flat top receiver (like the 6700 colt)
gunrunr@kdsi.net

Comments

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Armalite, Bushmaster and Colt in this order. If you dont want to spend alot of money and you have some time, wait for Armalites new AR 180 B.
  • holyshotholyshot Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a Bushmaster about 6 months ago, absolutely love it. Bushmaster service is definitely customer oriented. They will bend over backwards to help in any way they can. Don't know much about your other choices.
  • Mr. LoboMr. Lobo Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had a Bushmaster for 2 years. It has never jammed and seems to be very accurate. I would suggest the "dissipater" model.Jim
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my book they go in this order:1. Bushmaster2. Bushmaster3. BushmasterFor a top performance shooter, Bushmaster. If you want a "safe queen" or as an investment look to Colt.I dont know why anyone would want an Armalite, its not like there is any history there ... the ones being produced now are just Eagles with the Armalite name they bought.
    Here's a thought: Let's make criminals responsible for their crimes ... ...Not blame society and the tools they use!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Bushmaster.christian
  • luger01luger01 Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kimberkid,I don't want to argue, but the two Armalites (OK one was a pre-Armalite Eagle Arms) were flawless. The carbine was tighter than a match-grade Colt and shot better, too. My Golden Eagle was simply incredible - 0.5 MOA with factory ammo, less with tailored handloads.Why buy an Armalite? Because they are excellent rifles and the company stands behind them in my experience. Never had a problem, but when I wanted info or parts, I got them super fast.As for Bushmasters, I have never owned one but they do have a good rep for being a quality rifle.Colts. Overpriced, too much anti-gun influence on them (oversized pins, lower receiver block, loose as a goose on Ex-Lax!). They are good for a collector (some fools will pay a premium for one of these POSs), but I wouldn't own one. Any rifle that needs an Accuwedge to get close to an MOA shooter is junk in my book.
  • pjpjrpjpjr Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why all the neg pub on Colt? I own colt and will shoot against any gun mfg. and will finish just like the rest! Sounds to me like some people just have opinions with no facts to back up! Whichever fits your budget and preference is the way to go. All brands mentioned will satisfy any need you may have. My 2 cents
  • cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a bushmaster 20" hbar no complaints about it but i havent shot any of the other brands doc
    I dont give my guns without somebody getting hurt!
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To all,I don't do it very often, but I like to stir the pot a little once in a while!I've owned and shot all 3, dollar for dollar I think the Bushmaster is the all around best looking & shooting and as an added bonus it has the coolest logo. This one consistantly shoots 1/2" groups at 200 with hand loads, but as you can see its not a $700 off the shelf gun either. The Colt is over priced, most not compatable with standard parts and rarely shoots any better than the competition.I haven't looked at any of the Eagle/Armalites lately but the ones I was looking at a few years ago were pathetic as to fit & finish and in general nothing I would want when superior competitive models were the same $$$ ... I did look at a Golden Eagle and was impressed but could build a better one for the same money.
    Here's a thought: Let's make criminals responsible for their crimes ... ...Not blame society and the tools they use!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I probably have 10-20 of each.Have shot them all.Colt and Bushies are investments.SGW,PWA,Armalite are to shoot the * out of.cpermd