In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

how many guns can be sold

bobp14bobp14 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in Ask the Experts
i'm selling some guns for my son [he is living out of the country] is there a limit on the ammount of guns that can be sold in 1 year? thanks for your help

Comments

• talontalon Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many are pistols?? What state do you live in?
  • bobp14bobp14 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i should have said they are all long guns and i live in ma. thanks
  • talontalon Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm ignorant on the MA laws, and that is a somewhat restrictive State. Some states, such as Illinois, requires you to confirm the buyer has been "passed" by the state (Illinois= FOID) before you can transfer a firearm to him. However,the Federal law has no limit on the number of longguns you can sell if they are from a pesonal collection. Paperwork isn't required either.
  • chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I moved out of MA a while ago, but as of then, a private citizen could only sell 3 firearms per year to another non-ffl.you might want to give your local police department a call and ask them (from a pay phone) just to make sure, they could give you a definate answer.
    New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless things have changed since I lived there you have to make out a Blue Card for each gun sold .You can pick these up at the local Police Station.After you make these out you mail them to Mass. Dept of Public Saftey. Address used to be 1010 Comm. Ave Boston.You should call them.Also they will mail you the Blue Cards you need.Also you need a F.I.D.(Firearms I.D.) card to fill these out.Hope this helps ?[This message has been edited by ATF (edited 02-28-2002).]
  • lawsonculawsoncu Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i don't know why anyone would tell gov't agencies they are selling guns to someone else. just another way for them to track us like cattle and get your name put on a "list". no one will ever know if you just sell it to someone. my opinion.
  • mdl12luvrmdl12luvr Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you going to list the guns on GB when you decide how many you can sell?
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm moving to MA this summer. What do you have for sale? I might be interested.E-mail me at .... andersk@attcanada.ca
    Ken