In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gibbs .. Gone ? Good ? ??

gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2005 in Ask the Experts
I was reading through an old firearm periodical last night that evaluated a military re-furbish by a company called 'The Gibbs Rifle Company'. When I look on the WWWEB, I see the site, but there is not much to it, and even less available.

Are these folks gone ? Does anyone miss them ?

Thanks

Comments

• bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think they still operate. they had some really nice LOOKING enfields. whether they would shoot or not is a different story. apparently they are sold out of everything. i would say give them a call and see what happens. if they are gone someone will miss them. whoever they employ will be missing a job and at times like these, good jobs can be hard to come by.

I'm not an expert, but i did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    The rifles will shoot well I had oprtunity to shoot one in 45-70 and was impressed. As to the company I don't know.

• joel_blackjoel_black Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gibbs Rifle Company is a subsidiary of Navy Arms located in Martinsburg, WV.
  • andy12390andy12390 Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rare? does anyone think they'll ever be worth more than what you payed for them one day?

NEF 20 ga.
    western field 12, double
    marlin 70pss 22lr
    mauser 98 7X57
    mauser 98 .243
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Gibbs Summit Frontier .45-70 bolt action and it is an extremely accurate gun. Navy Arms did buy out Gibbs. Mine has a Navy Arms barrel on it. I got it at dealer cost for $289 NIB. Its a shame they are no longer making these Enfield conversions. The gunsmith I use has been trying to get one and wished he had bought one while they were readily available. I just got mine last winter after hunting season and I have it dialed in shooting under 1" groups at 100 yds. I hope to get an opportunity to knock down a buck with it this year. [:D]

"They call me Don. Dr. Jason Donald Dalinger."