In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New - Old SW Model 41s

mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
Is it true that old Model 41s take a slightly different magazine. My old one doesn't seem to like the new mags--they get stuck in the gun--haven't bothered to see if they would work otherwise. Is there anything that can be done about the situation.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are several variations but they all should work. By "new", do you mean the 12-rounder with the orange follower? And, are you sure that you don't have mags made for the 422 series?

It might help if you could post photos.

Neal
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No a 10 rounder that fits my other 41. I'll see if the others I have are equally tight. It is kinda strange.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you may have mag button to grip I.D. issues. see where its hitting. sometimes the grips can be overtightened and the screws holding the wood on can do it or the screws are too long too.

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction. NRA certified instructor.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.