In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Forehand Arms co

NateNate Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
One of my fathers co workers found this pistol in him mothers house. Sounds like a saterday night special to me, but he wants some info. Forehand Arms co., wor_step, mass. usapat. jan 11, nov 29,87 ,jan 3,88serial no. 154XXhammerless 38 - 5 shot revolver. It breaks to load like a iver johnson.. chrome, black plastic grips with a F W imbossed init.I havnt seen the pistol so I am not sure on the condition, I am trying to get him to send me a pic.Thanks in advanceNate

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm looking for info on a .32 Forehand Arms Co revolver. Seems to be chrome plated with plastic grip covers bearing a F&W logo draped over an American flag badge that is above an eight point star surrounding the screw hole. on top of the barrel rib it says FOREHAND ARMS CO. WORCHESTER MASS USAPAT'D DEC 7 86 & JAN 11 87Serial at the bottom of grip unevenly stamped 1587XXThanks drawn
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    You may get some help from this web site http://two_guns.tripod.com/forwad.htm
    I Refuse to be a VictimGrumpy old man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok I got a picture, That site gave me some basic info, but the link to the page about this particular gun didnt work.Also any ideas on value?[This message has been edited by Nate (edited 01-31-2002).]
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Forehand Arms Co (Worcester MA) was the name used by the old Forehand & Wadsworth, which in turn had its genesis with Ethan Allen. The name 'Forehand Arms Co' was used between 1890-1898, which should roughly date your revolver. Later on, the company was absorbed by Hopkins & Allen.Revolvers like the Forehand (and there were many variations) are generally lumped into the 'Saturday-night Special' category. Lately, there has been a small amount of interest burgeoning in collecting these pieces but they must be in truly outstanding condition. I personally have some older H&R revolvers in mint condition. Not worth a WHOLE lot, but an interesting side collection.I would imagine your revolver might bring $150-$200 to the right buyer.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    This is a model 1901, Nickel plate,Bobbed hammer , not hammerless. Condition from pic looks better than average. Go with Antique on price.
    I Refuse to be a VictimGrumpy old man