In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sig P229 Sport

gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
In my ongoing search for a .40, I found that I REALLY like the look of the 229 Sport. I like the all stainless look vs. the hideous two-tone. Has anyone shot or owned this gun? What do these go for?-Marcus

Comments

• JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $900-$1000 is a good deal for that gun. They are extremely accurate. Friend of mine wanted the p210 target pistol back when Sig was getting scarce( close to the end of a fiscal year) and he, being impatient, went for the 229sport. His brother has an FFL and I want to say his cost was just shy of $1200. It is however an outstanding performer, at least when we took it out back it was. I am contemplating either that or saving for hk91/M1a super match. Decisions, decisions...........
  • gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, more than I was looking to spend. Does Sig make or did the ever make a model in .40 w/the whole gun being stainless, similar to the P229S?-Marcus
    edited November -1
    Find a dealer and look at the new guns for 2001/2002. I know they have a new p220 in all stainless, but I am not sure about some other models. They are beautiful in all stainless though, I agree.What about a Kimber in all stainless? They are pretty too, and shoot great.
  • gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Kimber .45, though it was blue not stainless. I really don't want another 1911 style gun in .40.-Marcus
    edited November -1
    Might I suggest the HK USP40? Take a look at one of those. I saw great accuracy with one.
  • 110110 Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only Sig ever made in all stainless is the new 220. If you want you get get it specially done on an aluminum frame at the factory you can, but it will cost you.