In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

slug plug for Glock 26?

pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have seen these and at the gun shop where i shop the guy was a little bit confused about how to install this. I spoke to another gentleman at the same shop and he showed me how to completely disassemble the glock. It was rather easy, and after getting home, I took mine apart and put it back together in no time flat. I figured out how to install this piece (goes in from the bottom and has a screw that goes in from the top of the receiver)and was wondering if it would be a good idea to get it. Someone told me that its not a good idea (forgot the reason he gave), but I think it makes sense. On the larger frame glocks, it just snaps in place, but this one takes a screw. Any advice on weather I should get it would be very welcome.thanks,Alex

Comments

• pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    Sorry, really want to know and didn't want this to get lost in the forum. I'm kicking myself, so no need to hurt me further.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since no one is responding, I'll go ahead and ask the obvious question ... What is its purpose? I've never heard of or seen one ...
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guns are like cars, some people just can't put enough accessories on them. There are plenty of accessories out there for guns and cars.The plug is just another accessory. I don't think it helps or hurts unless you carry your mini glock in your pocket or under your seat and you are worried about lint, loose change, or french fries getting stuck it the hollows of your glock.If glock thought that you needed it, they would sell it. They are about $5, with that you can get a burger combo or the plug, if you are hungry, get the combo, if not, get the plug. You can store secret info in the grip channel then plug it.
  • pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    Glocks have a channel right behind the mag well that is hollow. There is a plug available that covers up the hole.the ones for the compact and full size glocks just snap in, but for the sub-compacts, it is screwed in from the top.Thanks Rballi, thats what I was thinking. I figured that if it were necessary, glock would have made it themselves. I have yet to see an OEM plug, until then, Ill get the combo. Supersize please. [This message has been edited by pikeal1 (edited 01-31-2002).]
  • rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enjoy your burger and fries. If you are referring to the 26 & 27 being sub compacts, they make a snap in plug too. I have not seen the screw in from the top as you mentioned.Roy
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ooooh that plug, I've never heard it called a "Slug Plug" or seen one with a screw! I think the thing that threw me is, why did you need to take it apart? I have one in my 21, not that I've ever needed it but I wish I'd gotten the one with the tool kit ... after all, why cant an accessory be practical too?
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I just plugged-up my Glock 26 with some old window putty.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.