In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Grandpas revolver

drawndrawn Member Posts: 544
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
Grandma say's I can have grandpas old revolver. The only thing she could describe about it was silver color, 5 shot, black grips with eagles holding arrows, and the word American bulldog on the top. and the cylinder was loose.She lives 2000 miles from me so I will not actually see it for some time.Any guess's as to what it is?

Comments

• Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a silver Bulldog. It is a H&R from the old days, 2" hex. barrel The name is stamped in block letters on top BULL DOG the caliber is a .32 Rin Fire. Be sure to thank her and keep it for your collection. I doubt if you will find much ammo for it. Let me know when you get it and I will help you look fhr ammo.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It could be a nickel plated 32short, 38short, 41short or 44short rim or center fire. I have a single action spur trigger 22long with the same grips but the barrel marking is overstamped and obliterated probably because it violated the Rollin-White S&W patents before 1872.Give us a better description when you get it.Parts are to be had for that loose cylinder, probably a handspring or locking bolt spring.These guns are not valuable and are known as Saturday night specials, two dollar pistols or suicide specials. If in good condition, they can be fired with light loads.