In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Did I make a good deal?

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
I posted this on General Discussion, but was hoping to get more feed back on this one.I bought this because the auction was down to four minutes. I first checked Mossberg Website and they were talking about having a Class Three License to buy Hi-Cap Shotguns.Did I do all right after standard transfer fees? http://gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2987497
Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    Harleeman1030Harleeman1030 Member Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know how you did on price....But the first time you defend you and yours with it ....Price don't matter...Just my thoughtWayne
  • Options
    A_FAST_TALKERA_FAST_TALKER Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well i'd say that you bought that at a fair price but NOT a Steal--this gun without the extension is available at the pawn shops in great quantity for $150 to 175 but the extensions are $25plus at the gun shows soI'd say that if you feel a NEED for it then you are ok but not a MONEY Maker!!!!Take careDan B in Iowa
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You did quite well. You would not find one at a gun show for this price.
  • Options
    rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For what you are going to pay with shipping and ffl receiving fees you could'a almost bought brand new one. I just bought 1 similiar to that except it holds 8+1 for 229.00 and it came with the pistol grip kit. That 1 you listed says 80-84% so I would think it's gonna be beat up quite a bit.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RugerNiner,Its a common piece, I picked one up at Walmart 3-4 years ago on sale for $189 with no shipping or transfer fees. I believe I could have picked one up in like or better condition at a gunshow for the same price but your area would determine the price you pay. IMHO, the starting price was fair, much above that
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com [This message has been edited by kimberkid (edited 02-01-2002).]
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If its what you wanted, and it makes you happy, thats all that matters.
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have agreed with kimberkid a couple years ago, but I'm not sure about now.I also bought a 500 about 3 years ago from walmart for about 185 bucks, NIB, with 7+1 capacity. Back then, Large discount retailers carried them at a great price. But up until about a year ago, they stopped carrying them, and availability dropped. It is true, you'd be best off looking for one in a pawn shop. If it wasn't for the S/H and xfer fees, you'd have done allright. I think you probably overpaid by about 10 bucks. Don't go kicking yourself though. It is still a great gun. Even at 80% it is still a reliable piece.
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com