In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking for input on 17 rem fireball on win action

spooksterspookster Member Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
For a winter project I am Thinking about building a 17 rem fireball on a model 70 action,,,does anyone have any do's and dont's ??,,,,,I know there are better,,,faster set-ups out there,,,but due to spinal problems i cant take the recoil much bigger than a 223,,,,I have been watching the auctions for m-70 actions,,and dont see much,,,
Thanks,,,JIM

Offers to buy, sell or trade are not allowed on the GB forums.

Comments

• Options
    bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would probably be cheaper just to buy a Remington in that caliber. Or buy a CZ-527 in 221 FB.
    JM
  • Options
    edited November -1
    nononsense !
    HOW was I offering to buy,,sell,,,or trade,,,I am trying to acquire some hands on knowledge on building a particular cal rifle,,,,I was not trying to buy a rifle,,,trade a rifle,,,or sell a rifle ,,, If i have,,,,,Please point it out to me !
    Thank You !
    Jim

Check your e-mail
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Didnt rec your email
    ANYWAY ,,I am looking for knowledge, not parts,,,,So if anyone has built one,,,owns one,,,and wants to share some of their experience ,,,do's & dont's,,, I would be glad to hear about it
    Thanks !
    Jim
  • Options
    GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used CZ, howa, remington and ruger actions to build the 17 mach IV. The winchester in 223 push feed would work OK as far as I can figure.